Newer posts are loading.
You are at the newest post.
Click here to check if anything new just came in.

November 08 2013

US may split Cyber Command and NSA — RT USA

US may split Cyber Command and NSA — RT USA
http://rt.com/usa/alexander-retire-nsa-cybercom-438

The White House is reportedly considering a structural change that would task two separate officials with overseeing the United States National Security Agency and the US Cyber Command when the man currently in charge of both operations retires next year.

Dans les perspectives d’évolution, la Maison-Blanche envisagerait la séparation des fonctions de directeur de la NSA (agence civile) et de directeur du Cyber Command (militaire), fonctions actuellement occupées par le Général Keith Alexander.

En xyloglossie leucoékienne, ça donne

Adding to the AP, [a spokesperson] admitted that the White House is “ in consultation with appropriate agencies ” and “l ooking to ensure we are appropriately postured to address current and future security needs. "
Obviously we’re aware that some have proposed splitting the NSA and Cyber Command position, ” added [another spokesperson] reached for comment by the Washington Post.

L’actuel titulaire n’en pense, évidemment, pas beaucoup de bien. Il l’a dit à deux reprises (au moins)

[ at an event hosted by Politico in October] “ If you try to break them up, what you have is two teams not working together.

Our nation can’t afford, especially in this budget environment, to have one team try to rebuild what the other team does, ” Alexander said at the October event.

That same month, he told the Washington Post that “ You create more problems by trying to separate them and have two people fighting over who’s in charge than putting it all together.

Russia Today, quant à elle, n’est pas vraiment convaincue par les prestations du général dans ses fonctions…

As the recent revelations attributed to #NSA #contractor-turned-leaker Edward #Snowden have proved, however, the conduct of the nation’s highly secretive intelligence agency has escaped arguably much-needed scrutiny and oversight while being manned by Alexander during the last eight years.

October 05 2013

NSA director admits to misleading public on terror plots

NSA director admits to misleading public on terror plots
http://www.salon.com/2013/10/02/nsa_director_admits_to_misleading_public_on_terror_plots

À la question de savoir s’il avait volontairement gonflé le chiffre du nombre d’attentats avortés grâce au programme de surveillance, le patron de la #NSA répond tranquillement « oui. »

During Wednesday’s hearing, Senate Judiciary Committee Chairman Patrick Leahy pushed Alexander to admit that plot numbers had been fudged in a revealing interchange:

“There is no evidence that [bulk] phone records collection helped to thwart dozens or even several terrorist plots,” said Leahy. The Vermont Democrat then asked the NSA chief to admit that only 13 out of a previously cited 54 cases of foiled plots were genuinely the fruits of the government’s vast dragnet surveillance systems:

“These weren’t all plots, and they weren’t all foiled,” Leahy said, asking Alexander, “Would you agree with that, yes or no?”

“Yes,” replied Alexander.

Older posts are this way If this message doesn't go away, click anywhere on the page to continue loading posts.
Could not load more posts
Maybe Soup is currently being updated? I'll try again automatically in a few seconds...
Just a second, loading more posts...
You've reached the end.

Don't be the product, buy the product!

Schweinderl